Chocolate Souffle Recipe with Vanilla Sauce
More great recipes, this time a chocolate souffle recipe.
- ½ a pint of milk, two ounces of chocolate, three tablespoonfuls of sugar, one rounding tablespoonful of butter, two tablespoonfuls of flour, four eggs.
- Put the milk in the double-boiler, and place on the fire.
- Beat the butter to a soft cream, and beat the flour into it.
- Gradually pour the hot milk on this, stirring all the time.
- Return to the fire and cook for six minutes. Put the shaved chocolate, sugar, and two tablespoonfuls of water in a small pan over a hot fire, and stir until smooth and glossy.
- Stir this into the mixture in the double-boiler.
- Take from the fire and add the yolks of the eggs, well beat en; then set away to cool.
- When cool add the whites of the eggs, beaten to a stiff froth.
- Pour the batter into a well-buttered earthen dish that will hold about a quart, and cook in a moderate oven for twenty-two minutes.
- Serve immediately with vanilla cream sauce.
- 1 cup of milk,
- 1 pinch of salt, 3 level tablespoonfuls of flour, softened in a little cold milk.
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of butter,
- 4 level tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- yolks of 4 eggs,
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla,
- 1 cup of shredded cocoanut,
- whites of 4 eggs.
Heat milk, add salt and flour and cook ten minutes after it has thickened. Mix together, butter, sugar and yolks of eggs. Pour hot mixture over, stirring well and set aside to cool. Add vanilla and cocoanut. Lastly fold in the stiffly beaten whites of the eggs. Bake in buttered pan, in moderate oven until firm. Serve hot with chocolate sauce.