Cottage Pudding Recipe
- 4 level tablespoonfuls of butter, 2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, ¾ a cup of milk.
- Two level teaspoonfuls of baking powder, one and three-quarter cups of sifted flour or enough to make mixture stiff enough to drop from the spoon.
- Bake in buttered gem pans in moderately hot oven twenty-three or twenty-five minutes.
- If the cake springs back after pressing a finger on the top, it shows that it is baked enough.
- To make a cocoa Cottage Pudding Recipe add to the above rule six level tablespoonfuls of cocoa.
- Serve with a vanilla sauce.