Chocolate Profiteroles Recipe
Simple and easy chocolate profiteroles recipes.
- Shave into a cup one ounce of chocolate, and put the cup into a pan of boiling water.
- Make a paste the same as for chocolate eclairs, save that instead of one tablespoonful of sugar three must be used.
- As soon as the paste is cooked, beat in the melted chocolate.
- When cold, add the eggs, and beat until light.
- Drop this batter on lightly buttered pans in round cakes, having about a dessertspoonful in each cake.
- Bake for about twenty minutes in a moderately hot oven.
- Serve either hot or cold, with whipped cream prepared the same as for Filling 1 for eclairs.
- Heap the cream in the center of a flat dish, and arrange the profiteroles around it.