Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes, Homemade Icecream
Recipe + chocolate ice cream for great homemade ice cream.
- For about two quarts and a ½ of cream use a pint and a ½ of milk, a quart of thin cream, two cupfuls of sugar, two ounces of chocolate, two eggs, and two heaping tablespoonfuls of flour.
- Put the milk on to boil in a double-boiler. Put the flour and one cupful of the sugar in a bowl; add the eggs, and beat the mixture until light. Stir this into the boiling milk, and cook for twenty minutes, stirring often.
- Scrape the chocolate, and put it in a small saucepan. Add four tablespoonfuls of sugar (which should be taken from the second cupful) and two tablespoonfuls of hot water. Stir over a hot fire until smooth and glossy. Add this to the cooking mixture.
- When the preparation has cooked for twenty minutes, take it from the fire and add the remainder of the sugar and the cream, which should be gradually beaten into the hot mixture. Set away to cool, and when cold, freeze.
- 1 quart of milk,
- Pinch of salt,
- 3 squares of chocolate,
- 3 level tablespoonfuls of flour,
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk,
- 3 eggs,
- 6 level tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- 3 teaspoonfuls of vanilla.
Put milk, salt and chocolate in double-boiler, and when milk is hot and chocolate has melted, stir in the flour, previously mixed in a little cold milk. Cook ten minutes, then pour this over the condensed milk, eggs and sugar mixed together; cook again for four minutes, stirring. Strain, and when cool add vanilla, and freeze.