Chocolate Cream Renversee Recipe
Another simple and easy chocolate dessert recipe.
- Use one quart of milk, seven eggs, ½ a pint of sugar, one ounce of chocolate, ½ a teaspoonful of salt.
- Put the milk on the fire in the double-boiler.
- Shave the chocolate, and put it in a small pan with three tablespoonfuls of the sugar and one of boiling water.
- Stir over a hot fire until smooth and glossy; then stir into the hot milk, and take the milk from the fire to cool.
- Put three tablespoonfuls of sugar into a charlotte-mould that will hold a little more than a quart, and place on the stove.
- When the sugar melts and begins to smoke, move the mould round and round, to coat it with the burnt sugar, then place on the table.
- Beat together the remainder of the sugar, the eggs, and the salt.
- Add the cold milk and chocolate to the mixture, and after straining into the charlotte-mould, place in a deep pan, with enough tepid water to come nearly to the top of the mould.
- Bake in a moderate oven until firm in the center.
- Test the cream by running a knife through the center.
- If firm and smooth, it is done.
- It will take forty or forty-five minutes to cook.
- When icy-cold, turn on a flat dish.
- Serve your chocolate cream renversee dessert with whipped cream that has been flavored with sugar and vanilla.