Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Free chocolate sauce recipe.
- Put one pint of milk in the double-boiler, and on the fire.
- Shave two ounces of chocolate, and put it in a small pan with four tablespoonfuls of sugar and two of boiling water.
- Stir over the fire until smooth and glossy, and add to the hot milk.
- Beat together for eight minutes the yolks of four eggs, three tablespoonfuls of sugar, and a saltspoonful of salt, and then add one gill of cold milk.
- Pour the boiling milk on this, stirring well.
- Return to the double boiler, and cook for five minutes, stirring your sauce all the time.
- Pour into a cold bowl and set the bowl in cold water.
- Stir for a few minutes, and then occasionally until the sauce is cold.
- This sauce is nice for cold or hot cornstarch pudding, bread pudding, cold cabinet pudding, and snow pudding, etc.
- It will also answer for a dessert.
- Fill custard glasses with it, and serve the same as soft custard; or have the glasses two-thirds full, and heap up with whipped cream.
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of butter,
- 1 level tablespoonful of flour,
- Pinch of salt,
- 1 cup of boiling water,
- 1 square of Baker's Chocolate,
- 4 level tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla.
Melt butter in saucepan, add dry flour and salt and mix until smooth, then add slowly the hot water, beating well. Add the square of chocolate and sugar and stir until melted. Add vanilla, just before serving.