Chocolate Meringue Puddings Recipes
Simple and easy chocolate covered meringue pie recipes, the best ever!
- 1 cup of milk,
- 2 eggs (yolks),
- 2 tablespoonfuls of flour,
- Pinch of salt,
- 4 teaspoonfuls of cocoa,
- 3 tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- ½ a teaspoonful of vanilla.
- Put the milk in the upper part of the double-boiler, and heat.
- Mix flour and cocoa together and soften in a little cold milk; mix until free from lumps.
- When the milk is hot, add the flour, and cook, stirring often, eight or ten minutes.
- Beat yolks of eggs lightly; add sugar and salt, and mix well.
- When mixture in double-boiler has cooked sufficiently, strain it over the mixture in the bowl.
- Put back in double-boiler and allow it to cook one or two minutes (stirring constantly), just enough to slightly thicken the eggs.
- Remove from the stove, and when cool add vanilla and put in the serving-dish.
- Cover with a meringue.
- Place dish on a board, put in the oven with the door open, and allow it to remain there for ten or fifteen minutes, and when the meringue will not stick to the fingers, close the door and let it brown slightly.
- This pudding can be eaten warm or cold, but is much better cold.
- This will serve four persons generously.
Meringue Pie Two:
For a small pudding use one pint of milk, two tablespoonfuls and a ½ of cornstarch, one ounce of chocolate, two eggs, five tablespoonfuls of powdered sugar, one-fourth of a teaspoonful of salt, and ½ a teaspoonful of vanilla extract.
Mix the cornstarch with one gill of the milk. Put the remainder of the milk on to boil in the double-boiler. Scrape the chocolate. When the milk boils, add the cornstarch, salt, and chocolate, and cook for ten minutes. Beat the yolks of the eggs with three tablespoonfuls of sugar. Pour the hot mixture on this, and beat well. Turn into a pudding-dish that will hold about a quart, and bake for twenty minutes in a moderate oven.
Beat the whites of the eggs to a stiff, dry froth, and gradually beat in the remaining two tablespoonfuls of sugar and the vanilla. Spread this on the pudding, and return to the oven. Cook for fifteen minutes longer, but with the oven-door open. Serve either cold or hot.