Chocolate Cream Recipe
Chocolate cream pie recipe.
- Soak a box of gelatine in ½ a pint of cold water for two hours.
- Put one quart of milk in the double-boiler, and place on the fire.
- Shave two ounces of chocolate, and put it in a small pan with four tablespoonfuls of sugar and two of boiling water.
- Stir over a hot fire until smooth and glossy, and then stir into the hot milk.
- Beat the yolks of five eggs with ½ a cupful of sugar.
- Add to the gelatine, and stir the mixture into the hot milk.
- Cook three minutes longer, stirring all the while.
- On taking from the fire, add two teaspoonfuls of vanilla and ½ a saltspoonful of salt.
- Strain, and pour into moulds that have been rinsed in cold water.
- Set away to harden, and serve with sugar and cream.