Chocolate Nougat Cake Recipe
Chocolate nougat cakes recipes.
- ¼ a cup of butter,
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar,
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup of milk,
- 2 cups of bread flour,
- 3 teaspoonfuls of baking powder,
- ½ teaspoonful of vanilla,
- 2 squares of chocolate, melted,
- ½ a cup of powdered sugar,
- 2 or 3 a cup of almonds blanched and shredded.
Cream the butter, add gradually one and one-½ cups of sugar, and egg unbeaten; when well mixed, add two-thirds milk, flour mixed and sifted with baking powder, and vanilla. To melted chocolate add one-third a cup of powdered sugar, place on range, add gradually remaining milk, and cook until smooth. Cool slightly and add to cake mixture. Bake fifteen to twenty minutes in round layer-cake pans. Put between layers and on top of cake White Mountain Cream sprinkled with almonds.