Chocolate Cinderella Cakes
Cinderella cakes recipe.
- Use two eggs, one cupful of sugar, one cupful and a quarter of flour, one gill of cold water, one tablespoonful of lemon juice, one teaspoonful of baking powder, one ounce of chocolate, ½ a tumbler of any kind of jelly, and chocolate icing the same as for chocolate eclairs.
- Separate the eggs, and beat the yolks and sugar together until light.
- Beat the whites until light, and then beat them with yolks and sugar and grated chocolate.
- Next beat in the lemon juice and water, and finally the flour, in which the baking powder should be mixed.
- Beat for three minutes, and then pour the batter into two pans, and bake in a moderate oven for about eighteen minutes.
- When done, spread one sheet of cake with the jelly, and press the other sheet over it; and when cold, cut into little squares and triangular pieces.
- Stick a wooden toothpick into each of these pieces and dip each one into the hot icing, afterwards removing the toothpick from your cinderella cakes, of course.